- Stress-the most common type of incontinence occurs when you leak urine laughing, coughing, sneezing or during any type of physical exercise.
- Urge-you feel a strong urge to urinate but cannot wait until you reach the bathroom
- Mixed-you have both stress and urge incontinence
- Overflow-when you never completely empty your bladder therefore causing you to leak urine
- Functional—you know you need to go but for other reasons you are unable to get to the bathroom. i.e.: stroke, arthritis, mobility issues
Dr. Stephen Swanson is able to perform cystometrograms, cystoscopies, and urethroscopies as in office procedures to help diagnose the cause of urinary incontinence. Once performed we can better help us decide on an appropriate treatment plan and determine if and which surgery is appropriate, possible avoiding unnecessary surgery.