- Stress-the most common type of incontinence occurs when you leak urine laughing, coughing, sneezing or during any type of physical exercise.
- Urge-you feel a strong urge to urinate but cannot wait until you reach the bathroom
- Mixed-you have both stress and urge incontinence
- Overflow-when you never completely empty your bladder therefore causing you to leak urine
- Functional—you know you need to go but for other reasons you are unable to get to the bathroom. i.e.: stroke, arthritis, mobility issues
Dr. Stephen Swanson is able to perform cystometrograms, cystoscopies, and urethroscopies as in office procedures to help diagnose the cause of urinary incontinence. Once performed we can better help us decide on an appropriate treatment plan and determine if and which surgery is appropriate, possible avoiding unnecessary surgery.
BOTOX® can provide up to 6 months of OAB symptom improvement in adults who have an inadequate response to or are intolerant of an anticholinergic medication. BOTOX® was proven to reduce daily leakage episodes and cut the number of daily leakage episodes by about half at week 12. You won’t see results right away. In clinical trials, patients taking BOTOX® experienced fewer daily leakage episodes in as little as 2 weeks, with full results seen at week 12. One BOTOX® treatment can provide up to 6 months of improvement of OAB symptoms. OAB is a chronic condition that requires ongoing treatment. Call 402-434-3370 to schedule an appointment today!